In this fast paced and competitive world, it is becoming increasingly difficult for young children, teenagers and students to be their authentic selves. From a very early age, children have started to have confidence, concentration and self-esteem issues because of their increased screen time.
The integration of yoga practices into school curriculum is now seen as a way to promote physical and mental well-being among students. Yoga in schools has become a popular topic of discussion and implementation in various educational systems around the world. It can offer numerous benefits, including improved concentration, reduced stress and anxiety, enhanced physical fitness, and better overall emotional and psychological health.
Yoga Kiran has been curating structured and bespoke workshops, courses and seminars since several years across India, to increase awareness about yoga and meditation.
Some key features of our programs include –
- Physical Health: Yoga involves various postures (asanas) and breathing exercises (pranayama) that can help improve flexibility, balance, strength, and coordination. Regular practice can contribute to better physical health and can be particularly beneficial for children who may not engage in other forms of physical activity.
- Mental Health: Yoga emphasizes mindfulness and relaxation techniques, which can be valuable in reducing stress and anxiety levels among students. It may also enhance self-awareness and emotional regulation, helping students cope with various challenges they face during their academic journey.
- Improved Focus and Concentration: Practicing yoga can enhance concentration and attention span, which can positively impact students’ ability to learn and retain information in the classroom.
- Promotion of Mindfulness: Mindfulness is a significant aspect of yoga. Encouraging mindfulness in schools can help students become more present, attentive, and aware of their thoughts and emotions.
- Inclusivity: Yoga can be adapted to suit different age groups and physical abilities, making it a relatively accessible activity for most students.
- Conflict Resolution and Positive Behavior: Yoga promotes non-violence and compassion. Integrating these values into school settings may foster a more harmonious and respectful environment, potentially reducing instances of bullying or aggressive behavior.
- Teacher Well-being: Yoga can also benefit teachers by providing them with tools to manage stress and burnout, enabling them to better support their students.
If you are an organisation, who is looking to integrate yoga and meditation as part of the curriculum, we would be happy to connect with you and explore the possibility of synergising together.